Welcome To Peekskill Nurseries
"A Good Source of Supply"
Fall Planting Season is Here!
Fall is a great time to plant Pachysandra to get a head start on next years spring growth.
Traditional Vinca/Myrtle is now in stock. Fresh dug wild collected well rooted plants. Large and ready to go in bundles of 50 plants (4-6 Leads per plants).
Peekskill Nurseries has been in business since Franklin D. Roosevelt was president, and for good reason. We pride ourselves on selling the highest quality ground covers available for both sun and shade. We have said since the beginning “Buy with Confidence from Us”, and we truly mean it. Please feel free to phone or email us with any questions that you may have about our nursery stock or for guidance on planting.
Why Ground Covers?
- Do you have a bare spot where nothing will grow? Ground covers are the answer.
- Do you have a steep hard-to-reach slope covered in weeds? All of our ground covers are fast growing and perfect for these difficult applications.
- Do you want interest in your garden in the dull, grey winter? All of the ground covers we sell are evergreen.
We specialize in ground cover plants because they are some of the most versatile plants for any garden or landscape. Unsung heroes of the garden, ground cover plants are long-lived and provide several roles key roles to any garden including:
- Providing visual interest in areas that other plants just will not grow.
- Erosion control for slopes and run-off areas.
- Weed prevention: all of our ground covers, once established will grow and fill in to provide a weed-free blanket of green that is virtually maintenance free and evergreen the year round.
- Excellent borders for garden beds and pathways; provided that there are some barriers to keep them in their beds, ground covers can be used to create excellent borders for perennial gardens and pathways be in the woods or on the edge of the lawn, or to soften the hard edges of stoneworks including patios and terraces.
- Lessoning your workload–areas planted with ground covers will not need to be mowed ever again.
In order to ensure availability, we highly recommend ordering in advance any plant stock over quantities of 1,000 plants, as well as our more rare varieties which are noted in their descriptions, as these tend to sell out early. For items that are currently sold out, we have the option to PRE-ORDER to reserve your plants as soon as they are ready to be shipped. Your card will be charged, and these items will be marked pre-order with an estimated ship date.